Atlanta, GA, United States
Apr 19, 2021
Apply on the Company Site
*Primary Location: *3003 Summit Blvd, Atlanta, GA, USA
*Division: *Cox Automotive
*Job Level: *Manager/Senior Manager
*Shift: *Day Job
*Requisition Number: *202101489
Cox Automotive is looking for a talented and passionate Manger of User Experience to lead a team of UX designers in creating final design deliverables and partnering with engineering to ensure high-quality experiences are delivered to market that meet the needs and exceed the expectations of vehicle sellers, owners, and buyers. As an inspirational team leader, you must have excellent product design and collaboration skills and an enthusiasm for creating an environment where professionals can deliver their best work. In this role, you will sit on a cross-functional team to set the vision and drive priority of new work to serve vehicle owners and sellers. The Cox Automotive work environment is highly collaborative and requires excellent communication skills and a keen ability to build and foster strong partnerships through an open and transparent working style.
* Lead a team of UX designers to ensure:
* Close collaboration with discovery teams to understand the user and client needs for all new work, including participation and facilitation of user research to validate that design solutions meet those needs
* Delivery of high-quality design documentation that clearly communicates the intended user experience and aligns with our design system
* Close partnership with Product Owners and engineers to bring the experiences to market as designed
* Ongoing evaluation of analytics and feedback from users and clients to identify opportunities for enhancements to in-market experiences
* Partner with the rest of the UX leadership team to develop consistent competencies, expectations, and processes across the matrixed UX delivery team
* Conduct employee performance reviews and help set goals with the team to foster and encourage career growth
* Assist Director of User Experience with resource planning and ensuring the highest quality and accuracy in design deliverables
* Actively participate on a cross-functional team to set vision and priority of upcoming work, leveraging a strong understanding of the business while advocating for the needs of end users
* 8 years of experience creating wireframes, comps, and related design documentation for consumer-facing experiences; experience designing for two-sided marketplaces (where you must solve for the needs of both buyers and sellers) a plus
* 5 years of experience successfully partnering with development teams in an agile environment to ensure excellent experiences are delivered to market
* 3 years of experience directly or indirectly leading UX resources; direct management experience strongly preferred
* Excellent leadership skills and desire for continuous growth
* Understanding of business objectives, respect for technical and timeline limitations, and willingness to compromise for the sake of bringing good work to life
* Attention to detail and follow-through on completion of tasks
* Proficiency with common UX design tools required; comfort with Axure and Sketch preferred
* Knowledge of current UX design strategies and trends across web and mobile platforms
* Strong teamwork and collaboration skills and the ability to mentor others in these areas
* Strong interpersonal skills with a keen ability to productively collaborate with the greater good in mind
* Excellent time management skills, including the ability to work on concurrent projects and quickly prioritize competing tasks and responsibilities
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Bachelors degree in Information Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent work experience required; Masters degree a plus
Who We Are
*About Cox Automotive*
Theres nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
*About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.