Atlanta, GA, United States
Apr 19, 2021
Apply on the Company Site
*Primary Location: *6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, USA
*Division: *Cox Communications Inc
*Job Level: *Individual Contributor
*Shift: *Day Job
*Requisition Number: *213004
Cox Communications, Analytics Center of Excellence (CoE) is looking for a Lead Analytics Engineer to join the Finance, Product, Supply Chain Analysis team. This role will be responsible for designing and developing actionable customer profitability scoring and insights in a hands-on capacity for Cox Communications lines of businesses. The Lead Analytics Engineer is required to be a proven analytics expert to drive actionable insights at scale.
* Demonstrate strong business acumen with the ability to understand how the profitability models work and how they may support business decisions. Have a strong interest and skills in problem-solving.
* Sound technical skills, SQL required and experience in building ETL processes in AWS . Knowledge of statistical packages such as R also a plus.
* Provide hands-on technical leadership to identify, research, interpret, catalog, source, manipulate, and enrich Cox Communications structured and unstructured data assets to facilitate effective analytics. Develop subject matter expertise in domain, analytic and data assets
* Design, build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable application code for analytics solution needs and transfer of solutions to partner teams
* Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
* Stay current on new technologies, standards, and best practices
* Prepare documentation, visualizations, and templates
* Mentor junior resources in the team. Demonstrate high levels of curiosity and willingness to explore new data and methodologies
* Self-learner and starter and is able to work independently after a short ramping up period
*Department/Organizational Scope and Impact:* * *
Developer with responsibility for an advanced area of work in software development. May be responsible for entire projects or functions having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to stakeholders and drive future department, area, and/or business unit results
Performs advanced areas of work in software development. Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem-solving skills to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Provides/recommends the optimal solution based on current state, target state, cost, schedule, security, strategic alignment, roadmap. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.* *
Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues. Collaborates with peers and others on projects to create target guidance
* 5 years of experience in a similar analytics role
* Expertise in (at least one) SQL language and Python. Experience with writing complex programs in these environments
* Strong programming skills and ability to utilize a variety of software/languages/tools; e.g., Spark, R, Python, Scala, Java, C , Hadoop, Hive, SQL, SAS, Tableau, etc.
* Proficient in developing on the AWS platform i.e. S3, Athena, EMR, Lambda jobs, Step Functions, Glue, DynamoDB, Aurora, Neptune, etc.
* Understanding cloud environments such as Google, Microsoft, or Amazon
* Deep knowledge of the mathematical and computational concepts behind advanced analytics algorithms
* Deep knowledge of one of the following core domains: customer care, network, field services, finance, business operations
* Strong communication skills. Ability to successfully comprehend and communicate business insights to business partners. Ability to work in a diverse team
* Telecom industry knowledge a strong plus.
* MBA degree preferred. Graduate degree in Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Analytics, Engineering, or closely related field also are preferred.
* Familiar with various design and architectural patterns
* Knowledge of concurrency patterns
* Familiarity with concepts of JDBC, and RESTful
* Familiarity with continuous integration
Who We Are
*About Cox Communications*
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. Were dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique.
*About Cox *
We are the Cox family of businesses. Weve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. Were also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. Were looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope youll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individuals age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Cox Communications Inc